Fish oil benefits. Fish oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Benefits of fish oil are numerous and omega-3 fatty acids plays a vital role for health benefits. Omega-3 fatty acids give us many health benefits and protect us against many diseases. An alternate option is to take fish oil supplements. In general, 30% of the fish oil is omega-3 fatty acids, and the rest 70% is other fats. It may also include vitamins like A and D.